Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Countdown to 40! Christmas Cookie Swap

Countdown to 40! 15 more days to go and then it'll be LIFE after 40!

I really wanted to do more for Christmas this year so I decided to do a cookie swap. Years ago when I last organized a Cookie Swap was in a small workplace and there were maybe 6-8 who signed up and we all baked 1/2 dozen for each participant and gathered in a room and took our containers and gathered the cookies for a nice Christmas assortment.

Since Christmas is already such a busy and stressful time for most, I wasn't sure if anyone would want to participate in a cookie swap. I was lucky enough to find 3 cookie swap participants. We decided to make 1 dozen cookies for each participant. The hard part was testing the cookies and decided on what I wanted to make for the cookie swap. I decided on the Hummingbird Bakery's White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookie.

Now the night before the cookie swap I discovered that not only did one of my baking sheets disappeared but I also didn't have enough cranberries to make 3 dozen White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies but I had two extra bags of white chocolate chips.  So another recipe quickly emerged from the internet without any cookie testing.  The 2nd cookie recipe I choose for the swap based exclusively on the ingredients in the house was a White Chocolate Chocolate Cookie from All Recipes.

We decided to have dinner at Joeys Burnaby and do the cookie swap there.  I was surprised when my friends took out pre-packaged cookies for each participant in Christmas boxes with ribbon and Christmas bags.  I then looked at my container with all of the cookies.  I packed them into ziploc bags in the restaurant.   Ahh, lessons I yet need to learn.  You'll see my cookie swap participants good examples below.

Shortbread Cookies

Pretzels with Caramel Pecans

Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments: