Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Countdown to 40! Pan Pacific Vancouver's Christmas Wish Breakfast at Canada Place

My countdown to 40 continues!  21 days left until I turn 40 and the tales and turbulations of life after 40 begins!

I've been notorious for not celebrating any holidays or occasions throughout my adult life.  This is likely because of my father's influence.   His motto has always been that everyday is a celebration!  So there is no need to celebrate Christmas or birthdays and as an adult I don't have any traditions attached to these occasions.

However Christmas is all around us and one of the largest celebrations in terms of Christmas music, Christmas events, Christmas decorations, Christmas shopping and stress.  Even though I may not decorate my house, I still enjoying seeing and being immersed in the Christmas spirit outside of my house.

In Vancouver, the one Christmas tradition that I enjoy is going to the Pan Pacific Vancouver Christmas Wish Breakfast and Toy Drive.  This is an annual event and tradition in Vancouver.

Basically everyone brings a toy for the needy children for Christmas and then you can enjoy a Pan Pacific Vancouver breakfast and the holiday mood of choirs, music, and decorations.   It makes you feel good because you are helping a child, but also you get to enjoy the Christmas spirit early.  People share large tables and are friendly and in festive spirit.  It is a great way to start your day!




I was completely full after the big breakfast that I skipped lunch that day.  
I like receiving the touch of Christmas spirit at the Vancouver Pan Pacific Wish Breakfast.  

No comments: