Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stay at Home: Exercise with Kinect "Your Shape Fitness Evolved"

It all began one day when "Your Shape" PC version was brought home cause it was in the discount bin.  It was easy to set up with the webcam and the software.  Soon I was following my own personal trainer and wondering why I hadn't made the $10 investment earlier instead of googling over my niece's Wii Fit.  After only a few workouts I realized that the webcam was sensitive to the surrounding light and not sensitive to my movements so even though I was doing the exercises correctly, the software wasn't acknowledging so.  It's very female friendly but I could find myself getting annoyed when the trainer was telling me my stretches weren't correct.  I wanted to be "Excellent" and "Perfect" all of the time ;)  Advantage to this software is definitely the price and you can put it on any computer includig your laptop and bring it with you.



The next day, my boyfriend discovered the XBOX360 Kinect and we were off to London Drugs to replace my "Your Shape" PC with "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" for XBOX360.  The benefits were that the Kinect system with "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" is much more sensitive to movement thus being a better personal trainer.  Not only did it recognize what I was doing correctly, it could tell me what to do to correct my movements with a great deal of accuracy.  It is a Wii Fit for adults.  Another bonus is that it's geared for both men and women.  It is a must ot link the XBOX with Ubisoft account so that you can track your progress.  The bad part is that they don't make this a easy task.  It took research and time and had glitches, but now it's done.  For the workout itself, it's fun and I like the fact that the exercises are in short spurts.  It's perfect for people who haven't worked out in a while, like myself, and want to exercise in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace.  They do have "add-ons" so you can get more routines and workouts.  All I know is that on the weekend, I did my morning workouts and on Monday morning, my muscles ached and were sore.  How did that happen while I was playing gym games and hula hooping?

No comments: