Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vancouver Birthday Lunch: Salsa and Agave

Two weeks after my 40th birthday.  Woohoo!

I'm going to have fun in my 40s and determined to love every minute of it!  No need for anti-aging, medicine or preparing to be a senior.  The 40s is the new 30s! 


Yesterday my friend decided to treat me to a lovely spa day and lunch.  We went to trendy Yaletown in Vancouver, BC.  She found a nice Mexican restaurant for lunch.  It was our first time but my friend had read reviews online that it was well received.

Salsa and Agave is a Mexican restaurant that serves from what I can tell pretty darn good Mexican food.  Now you know a place is good and authentic when it's packed with Spanish speakers.  Unlike Muchos Burrito the fast food Mexican restaurant that had English speakers.

It was crowded but they cleared a table for us by the window.  The restaurant feels comfortable and quaint even through it's bustling busyness.  They seem to really care like a fine dining experience that the customers like the food.  My friend ordered a Mexican specialty Chicken Mole but since neither of us had tried it before, the server suggested we taste a sample first.  This was an excellent idea as I took one bite and did not agree with the bitter odd taste of the chicken.  Nevertheless we ordered a Burrito instead.

I would return just so I could try what others were eating at their tables.  Good Mexican food at a cheap price!  Under $30 for lunch for two.

Tacos Carnitas and Carne Anada (Pork & Beef Tacos)

Chicken Burrito

No comments: