Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Burnaby: Jang Mo Jib Korean Restaurant

Steamed beef and pork dumplings
Jang Mo Jib is quite the name to make fun of which is what I've done several times passing along 5975 Kingsway in Burnaby, but it wasn't until tonight that I tried it.  A few friends had commented that it had good Korean food so I decided that word of mouth recommendation is worth a shot.  I have to say that I agree with them and would return with a large group so you can eat more variety.  With two people you can get variety but you will be bringing food home which is somewhat expected.  When we asked the server "How many people does this dish feed?"  The response was "One, but you can order more and take them home."  They only have one size which is large. 
Beef Short Rib broth with egg swirl

Seafood Pancake














Here's a picture of their efficient server buzzer system.  You have to remember because as my friend was waiting for eye contact from the servers, I reminded her that we just buzz.  Then the server comes to your table.  It feels weird at first to ring for service, but you get over that quickly when you see how fast it works.

Food was delicious and plentiful.  I'd go back but more friends!

No comments: