Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Travel: Vancouver International Airport (YVR Airport)

This past weekend I've been to the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) located in Richmond, BC twice to pick up and drop off my brother.  Two weeks ago I visited the airport to see my aunt and parents.  So with all of my frequent trips, I decided to take a closer look at what the Vancouver International Airport has to offer.

Go Canucks Go!  Welcome to Vancouver at YVR Airport!  Home of the Canucks and our team spirit is flying high.  Great way to welcome visitors to Canada!

There is fast and convenient transportation with the Canada Line skytrain.  It is sleek, modern, and clean.  I have a monthly bus pass and brought a pass for my brother too since if you pay cash for a skytrain ticket at the airport, they will charge you an additional $5 fee.  It's best to have someone pick you up with a bus faresaver ticket or pass.

From the Canada Line Skytrain, the International departures is easy to find.  Signs are clearly labeled and nice automatic doors.
When I visit my parents at the airport and they always arrive hours early, we will often meet at the international departure food court.  I sometimes even bring my Burger King entertainment book coupons to save a couple of bucks.  Nice lighting and spacious.  Perfect meeting spot and close to food, drink, and washrooms.

No comments: