Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Insadong Korean BBQ and Seafood Restaurant

After I graduated university, I went to Korea for two years to teach English, travel, and fell in love with Korean food.  That was over ten years ago and even though there are plenty of Korean restaurants in Vancouver, I can never find friends who are adventuresome enough to enjoy this food. 
It was my lucky day when my Taiwanese friend returned from a vacation in Korea and loved it so much we decided to find a good restaurant.  We decided on Insadong Korean BBQ and Seafood Restaurant in Coquitlam.  It's located at 403 North Road just a 10 minute walk from Lougheed Skytrain Station.  When we chose the restaurant we didn't know that it has been awarded 'Best Korean' Restaurant awards.  I fully agree!  It was an enjoyable evening with absolutely amazing Korean BBQ!
There were six of us and we choose the set menu for 4-5 people. It was more than enough food and everyone was stuffed. 

Korean Pancake
The set menu consisted of Seafood Salad, Korean Pancake, Tofu Soup, Tray of BBQ Meat and Chicken and Seafood to cook on the BBQ.  In the middle of table is a grill and you put the meat on it to cook.  I love the participatory cooking concept restaurants.  I'd save my appetite for the seafood, meat and korean pancake.  Those were the best!

Seafood and Meat Tray with Tofu Soup

No comments: