Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Vancouver Downtown Restaurant: The Helm

Team buying coupons and birthdays are great excuses to try a new restaurant located downtown Vancouver.  I had bought a Living Social coupon and decided to treat a friend for her birthday dinner.  So off we went to The Helm located near Davie St and Howe St.  At 6pm it was quiet, we were the only ones there!  The server informed us that later that evening it would be crazy busy with Gay Night and Friday night it livens up and is a great place to bring friends.  We were there that night for the small plate tapas dining experience!  
Marinated Salmon with Blood Orange, Radish & Fennel.

Hand cut Truffle Poutine

Smoked Pork Perogies with Carmalized Onions

House Made Meatballs

Chocolate Peanut Butte Brownie
My personal favourites were the salmon, poutine and dessert!  Dessert is perfectly rich for sharing!  I found it was an amazing coupon experience and I had wonderful company.  But I find it pricey and likely will not return.  Lucky I took wonderful foodography photos.  Check out The Helm's menu to see if the price point is right for you. 

3 comments:

Loyal Freak said...

Perogies were my favorite! :)

Loyal Freak said...

oh btw Loyal Freak = Salem Saunders :p

Maria said...

They look good in the photo! Come back to check it out anytime.