Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vancouver: Trout Lake Farmer's Market in August

I can't believe that the last time I visited the Trout Lake Farmer's Market was in May at the beginning of the season.  After a long cross country road trip, I craved local and fresh produce and food.  Off I went to the Trout Lake Farmer's Market in August.
It was a beautiful Saturday morning and it was a nice walk from Broadway/Commercial Skytrain Station to the market.  I knew I was heading in the right direction because I could see people walking with their grocery bags full.  And it was packed already at 11am!  There were more vendors and the more selection of produce than in May.  Such a different place.  I was armed with cash and knew what I was looking for which helped a lot.  Lots of variety to choose from. 
What did I buy?
*Button mushrooms & 2 mini portobello mushrooms $4
*Bunch of carrots $2
*Bag of nugget potatoes $3
*3 boxes of strawberries and blueberries - $10 for 3 boxes
*Handful of cherry tomatoes - $3
*Mixed bag of salad green - mix and match $3.75/bag
*Three types of cheese - Berry Creme Fraiche, Qualicum Spice, Cowboy Cheese $20 
*Pork cutlets and Farmer's sausage $10

No comments: