Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Travel BC: Smithers BC

Smithers, BC will always have a special place in my heart.  Even though I haven't lived there in years, I grew up there and my love of nature is from being a small town girl. 

It's always been a popular tourist location in the winter because of Hudson Bay Mountain and this past year the movie "The Grey" was filmed on location in Smithers.  In the summer people like to go fishing, hiking, and enjoy the festivities such as the Fall Fair.  The town itself has grown and the main street has quite the Alpine feel to it like a village in the Swiss Alps.  It is a quiet town so great for rest and relaxation.

I'm fortunate to still have friends who live there so every few years I fly up during the summer to enjoy the peace and quiet of my hometown.   This year I noticed that Hawk Air has a special summer fare seat sale.  Book by May 16 and travel by Aug 30.  Buy one at regular price and the 2nd ticket for $99.  Explore BC! 


No comments: