Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Urban Tea Merchant: Sakura Westcoast Tea Service

Cherry blossoms are in bloom in April and with that comes the Sakura Westcoast Afternoon Tea Service at the Urban Tea Merchant.  I have heard a lot of good things about the Urban Tea Merchant but never been so it was a nice treat when a friend took me there.  I choose the Sakura Westcoast Tea Service because it had a nice blend of fusion Asian and fewer sweets.  Also it goes nicely with the spring weather. 

It feels quite elegant to be drinking chilled green tea from champagne glasses.  Such luxury!  When the teapots came out and the first cup of tea was poured, I was amazed at the aroma that embraced me before I even had my first sip.  The tea truly has you enjoying it with many senses.

The Sakura Westcoast Afternoon Tea came out on a platter that was so colourful and artistic that I was hesitant to take the first bite.  It was food art with finishing touched all infused with tea.  My favourites were the open faced smoked salmon and the miso maple glazed sablefish wrapped in butter lettuce.   Very unique for afternoon tea!  The Sakura Westcoast Afternoon Tea Service ends on April 30th so you still have a few weeks left for the experience. 
Sakura Westcoast Tea Service

Find out descriptive menu details at:  Urban Tea Merchant - Afternoon Tea Service Menu
I would return for their seasonal tea services and as a special occasion to catch up with friends!  
Keep checking their website as they will have a special Mother's Day Tea in May!
 
Petite Tea Sandwiches

No comments: