Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vancouver Event: Sakura Days Japan Fair at VanDusen Gardens

This weekend has beautiful weather and I had a great day enjoying VanDusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver celebrating Sakura Days Japan Fair.  It's a bonus to be able to visit the beautiful gardens, enjoy the cherry blossoms, taste Japanese specialties, and support the Japanese Red Cross. 

Sakura Days Japan Fair is on Saturday, April 2nd and Sunday, April 3rd from 10am - 5pm located at 5251 Oak Street (37th and Oak). 




I had read about the fair but wasn't intending to go until my Japanese friend invited me spontaneously.  I'm glad she did!  I'd recommend bringing cash and getting your ticket from the side entrance first if there are lots of people lining up at the main entrance.  That's what we did and didn't have to wait in line for a ticket.  We did have to wait in line for the food but it was worth it! 




Yakitori (Chicken skewers)






Takoyaki (Octopus fritter)

No comments: